This is a recipe from allrecipes.com that I made recently that came out great! The ground chicken burger had just the right amount of spice and was not dry at all. I made up a small batch of guacamole with the leftover mix to use as a topping for the burger.
Mix together the ground chicken, guacamole seasoning mix, chopped cilantro, onion and lime juice
and form into patties.
Cook these on preheated grill approximately 5 minutes on each side. Be careful not to overcook!
I also topped each burger with slices of red onion , tomato and lettuce. The recipe called for ciabatta bread but since I couldn't find it at the store I just used regular buns. What a super yummy, healthy burger! Delicious!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 (1 ounce) package guacamole seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 8 slices ciabatta bread
- 1/4 cup prepared salsa, divided
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- In a bowl, mix together the ground chicken, guacamole seasoning, half the cilantro, lime juice, and minced onion until thoroughly combined. Form the chicken mixture into 4 patties. Reserve the other half of the cilantro for garnish.
- Grill the chicken burgers on the preheated grill until the meat is no longer pink inside, the juices run clear, and the burgers show browned grill marks, 5 to 8 minutes per side.
- About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place slices of ciabatta bread onto the grill to toast, about 1 minute per side. About 1 minute before the burgers are done, top each burger with a slice of Cheddar cheese, and let melt.
- Serve chicken burgers on the toasted ciabatta bread, topped with about 1 tablespoon of salsa and about 1 tablespoon of the reserved chopped cilantro.
- PREP 15 mins
- COOK 10 mins
- READY IN 25 mins