These are my younger son's favorite meatballs that I came up with after combining a few different meatballs recipes that I have tried in the past. These are easy to make and much healthier than using regular ground beef. Here's what is needed:
Click here for printable version italian-turkey-meatballs
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- • 1 egg
- • 1/3 c. grated Asiago or parmesan cheese
- • 1/3 c. breadcrumbs
- • 1 TBS dried basil (1/3 cup if using fresh)
- • 1 TBS dried chopped parsley (1/3 cup if using fresh)
- • 2-3 diced garlic cloves
- • 1 24 ounce jar Spaghetti Sauce
- In a bowl combine turkey, egg, cheese, basil, parsley, garlic, and spices. Fold ingredients together with hands.
- Pour spaghetti sauce into a 9x13 dish. Roll your meatballs into about one inch thick balls and place evenly through out casserole dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked all the way thru.
- Serve turkey meatballs and sauce over your favorite pasta. Sprinkle with Asiago or Parmesan cheese if desired.