There are tons of different way to make a great chicken salad and this it one of my favorites. I start by using a pre-cooked chicken from the deli. It is actually cheaper than buying a chicken that is not cooked. I used about 1/2 of the chicken for this salad and used the rest for a different recipe.
This is what you'll need to make this chicken salad.
Chop up some green onions, celery and some fresh dill.
In a medium sized bowl combine the mayo and sour cream.
Go ahead and throw in some fresh chopped dill. I grabbed a handful of this dill out of my garden.
Then mix in the chopped celery, green onion and brown sugar.
I really like curry powder. It's one of those things that most people either love it or hate it so its perfectly fine to leave it out if you're not into it.
Throw in some lemon juice.
Then add some grapes, cut in half.
Toss in some of the chopped up chicken and mix together. Add salt, to taste,
You can serve this up on a sandwich or on a bed lettuce or just plain. Enjoy!
- 2 cups Chicken, Cooked and Chopped
- 2 stalks Celery, Chopped
- 3 whole Green Onions, Chopped
- 2 cups (to 3 Cups) Grapes, Halved
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- A Small Handful Of Fresh Dill, Minced
- 1 Tablespoon (to 2 Tablespoons) Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt To Taste
- Chop up about 2 cups of the chicken.
- Chop up the celery, green onions, and dill
- Slice the grapes in half
- In a large bowl combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, brown sugar, curry powder and lemon juice.
- Fold in the chicken and grapes. Salt to taste.