What a tasty flavorful breakfast! You can adjust the amount of spice to suit your tastes. The Mexican cooking sauce that is used in this recipe is real spicy... at least according to my picky family. So I did reduce the amount of heat to please them. I also substituted Re-fried Beans without the Refry
instead of using canned beans. Tasted great! This recipe is from Allrecipes.com
(12 ounce) jar HERDEZ® Tomatilla Verde Mexican Cooking Sauce, divided
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and chopped
1 1/2 cups refried beans
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
4 flour tortillas
1 teaspoon butter
4 eggs, or more to taste
- Combine half the cooking sauce and sour cream in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Mix remaining cooking sauce with tomatoes, onion, and avocado in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Heat refried beans with 1 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese in a saucepan over medium-low heat until cheese is melted and bean mixture is hot and smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Lay a tortilla out onto a serving plate; spread tortilla with a generous spoonful of refried bean mixture, leaving about 1 inch of tortilla bare around the edge.
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat until hot and foamy; gently crack eggs into the hot butter. Cook until egg whites are firm on the bottom and starting to set on top, about 3 minutes; gently flip and cook eggs on the other side until whites are set, about 2 more minutes.
- Place a fried egg into the center of the tortilla on top of bean mixture. Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of remaining Cheddar cheese over the egg. Spoon a ring of tomato mixture onto the bare edge of the tortilla; drizzle egg with sour cream mixture. Repeat with remaining ingredients; serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings