I just made this recipe for the first time and my son liked these. He liked them even better after he made a breakfast cereal out of them by crumbling a few up into a bowl and pouring some milk over it. He said it kept him feeling full for hours . I guess it was the protein powder in them. I have already made a second batch of them to keep on hand for a quick breakfast. I like the fact that they are homemade with healthy ingredients and no added sugar. I found this recipe here at Allrecipes.com
Mash up two ripe bananas in a bowl.
Combine the Oats, wheat flour, flax seed, and protein powder in a separate bowl until mixed well. Add the peanut butter, honey,and bananas and mix well.
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup protein powder
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 very ripe bananas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment.
2. Spread oats out onto an unlined baking sheet in a thin layer, and toast until lightly browned, about 10 minutes; remove and allow to cool. Mix together the cooled oats, protein powder, whole wheat flour, and flax seed until thoroughly combined, and mix with peanut butter and honey. Mash the bananas into the mixture, and stir to combine. Press the dough down onto the parchment-lined baking sheet in a 1/2-inch layer.