I love to order a Cobb salad when I go out to restaurants but this was the first time I made one at home and this was fantastic. I will be making this again real soon. It is a very filling salad. I found this recipe at Allrecipes.com. I did make a few small changes to the original recipe. I used turkey bacon in place of regular bacon. I also used shredded cheddar cheese instead of blue cheese. Hope you enjoy!________________________________
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 eggs
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 3 cups chopped, cooked chicken meat
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Ranch-style salad dressing
1. Place eggs in a saucepan and cover completely with cold water. Bring water to a boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
2. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
3. Divide shredded lettuce among individual plates.
4. Evenly divide and arrange chicken, eggs, tomatoes, blue cheese, bacon, avocado and green onions in a row on top of the lettuce.
5. Drizzle with your favorite dressing and enjoy.