These muffin cups really taste amazing just like the title says! I made this recipe from Allrecipes.com. These are easy to make and the whole family loved them. I made half the batch exactly like the recipe. The other half I made low carb by leaving out the hash brown base. The Johnsonville sausage really makes these taste delish! I plan on making these again real soon. Enjoy!
- 12 links Johnsonville® Original breakfast sausage
- 3 cups frozen country style shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- chopped fresh chives or green onion
1. Prepare sausage according to package directions. cool slightly and cut into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine hash browns, butter, salt and pepper; divide evenly into 12 greased muffin cups. Press mixture onto sides and bottom of muffin cups.
3. Bake at 400F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven, divide sausage pieces into muffin cups.
4. In a bowl, combine eggs, cheese and bell pepper. Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cups. Sprinkle with chives or onion. Return to oven, bake 13-15 minutes or until set. Serve.