Allrecipes.com I read thru a lot of the reviews first and noticed that some people had issues with it coming out thin and runny. I made sure the pudding mixture became very thick before I removed it from the heat and it came out perfect. I also added 4 bananas instead of just two like in the original recipe. Super yum!
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafer cookies
1. In medium saucepan combine sugar, flour, and salt. Add eggs and stir well. Stir in milk, and cook over low heat, stirring constantly. When mixture begins to thicken, remove from heat and continue to stir, cooling slightly. Stir in vanilla and butter until smooth.
2. Layer pudding with bananas and vanilla wafers in a serving dish. Sprinkle with crushed wafers, if desired. Chill at least one hour in refrigerator before serving.