Thursday, November 5, 2015
Sunday, October 25, 2015
I made this super yummy recipe for french toast recently and it was fantastic. I loved the apple topping! I added some extra cinnamon to the apples but other than that I followed the recipe exactly. So if you like french toast and apples this is perfect recipe to try! Thank you to PAM cooking spray and to Allrecipes,
Sunday, September 13, 2015
Only a handful of ingredients are used to make this delicious easy meal: Spaghetti, marinara sauce, parmesan cheese, heavy cream and some fresh basil.
Just dump the spaghetti into a large skillet. Pour 3 cups of cold water over the spaghetti making sure the liquid covers the pasta. Turn the burner on high and set a timer for 10 minutes. Stir a few times while it is cooking.
(This recipe is from Allrecipes)________________________________________
Sunday, July 5, 2015
These raspberry oatmeal cookie bars are very easy to make and so delicious! I have made these several times and they are always so good. They are also good with other flavors of jam too like strawberry and apricot but I prefer raspberry the best. These are so convenient to make with a short list of ingredients that are usually on hand and are easy to assemble. This is a recipe that I found on Allrecipes.com
Combine brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and rolled oats. Cut in the butter using a fork or a pastry blender to form a crumbly mixture. Press 2 cups of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
Spread the jam to within 1/4 inch of the edge.
Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the top, and lightly press it into the jam.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Allow to cool before cutting into bars.
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 8 inch square pan, and line with greased foil.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and rolled oats. Cut in the butter using a fork or a pastry blender to form a crumbly mixture. Press 2 cups of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Spread the jam to within 1/4 inch of the edge. Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the top, and lightly press it into the jam.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Allow to cool before cutting into bars.
Sunday, May 24, 2015
Rinse and hull the strawberries. In a bowl combine the cream cheese, confectioner's sugar and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and cored
- 3 graham crackers, crushed, or as needed
- Beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla extract together in a bowl until smooth; spoon into a piping bag or a resealable bag with a corner snipped.
- Fill cavities of cored strawberries with the cream cheese mixture. Dip filled side of strawberries in the crushed graham crackers to coat.
Friday, April 10, 2015
Thursday, April 2, 2015
Here is a great tasting smoothie with all the flavors of an apple pie. Very easy to make and healthy too! You can use applesauce in this recipe or you could use a fresh peeled and diced apple if you prefer. The almond milk could also be switched out for greek yogurt too. That's the great thing about most smoothies they can be easily changed to suit your tastes. I hope you enjoy this tasty apple pie smoothie recipe!
makes 2 servings
1 banana, frozen
1 cup applesauce
1/2 cup apple juice
1/2 cup almond milk
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon honey
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
Calories 179.6, Total fat .8g, Cholesterol 0, Sodium 41.2 mg, Potassium 411.7 mg, Carbohydrate 45.4 g, Fiber 2.8g, Sugars 36.6 g, Protein .9 g
Tuesday, February 24, 2015
This is super yummy cake recipe that is adapted from Allrecipes.com I have seen a photo of this recipe featured on their home page several times and finally decided to give it a try. I am glad I did too. It was very good! Very moist with lots of apple and cinnamon flavors. This recipe is a keeper!
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 8X4-inch loaf pan.
2. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.
3. Beat white sugar and butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until incorporated; add vanilla extract.
4. Combine flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl; stir into creamed butter mixture. Mix milk into batter until smooth. Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan; add half the apples and half the brown sugar mixture. Lightly pat apple mixture into batter. Pour the remaining batter over apple layer; top with remaining apples and brown sugar mixture. Lightly pat apples into batter; swirl brown sugar mixture through apples using a finger or spoon.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes.
Thursday, January 8, 2015
Just a few ingredients are needed to make these yummy treats. And they are super easy to make!
Peel and mash the bananas in a large bowl.
|I like to chop the dried cranberries up a little but this is optional.|
Mix the oats, mashed bananas, cranberries, applesauce and vanilla together.
Stir this together until well combined.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto the baking sheets. Bake in the preheated for 20 minutes or until the edges are starting to brown.
Remove to a wire rack to cool.________________________________________
3 ripe bananas
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
2. In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Stir in oats, cranberries, applesauce, and vanilla. Mix well, and allow to sit for 15 minutes. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly brown.