This is super yummy cake recipe that is adapted from Allrecipes.com I have seen a photo of this recipe featured on their home page several times and finally decided to give it a try. I am glad I did too. It was very good! Very moist with lots of apple and cinnamon flavors. This recipe is a keeper!
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 8X4-inch loaf pan.
2. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.
3. Beat white sugar and butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until incorporated; add vanilla extract.
4. Combine flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl; stir into creamed butter mixture. Mix milk into batter until smooth. Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan; add half the apples and half the brown sugar mixture. Lightly pat apple mixture into batter. Pour the remaining batter over apple layer; top with remaining apples and brown sugar mixture. Lightly pat apples into batter; swirl brown sugar mixture through apples using a finger or spoon.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes.