Remove from refrigerator and slice about 1/4 inch thick.
Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake about 12-15 minutes until starting to turn golden brown.
1/2 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons buttermilk
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer.
Add the egg and beat mixture until it's fluffy. Add the buttermilk and mix for an additional 30 seconds.
2. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
4. Roll the dough out into a long log and cover it with plastic wrap and then chill it for 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven to 325°.
6. Slice the chilled dough into 1/4 inch slices. Arrange cookies on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.