First start by placing the apple pie filling into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Spread this over one of the unrolled pie crusts leaving about 1/4 " space around the edges.
Add a little water to your egg and beat. Brush the egg mixture onto the top crust. Sprinkle with some cinnamon sugar.
Using a pastry cutter or pizza cutter, cut into strips about 1/2 inch wide.
Then cut them again into shorter strips. Carefully place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheets to let cool. Enjoy these dipped in caramel sauce.
Thanks for this yummy recipe from Oh Bite It!
- 1 Package of Pillsbury Refrigerated pie Crust (2 ct.)
- 10 Ounce apple pie filling
- 1 egg
- Cinnamon sugar
- Caramel sauce for dipping
- Roll out one layer of your pie crust
- Put your pie filling in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth
- Spread smooth pie filling on top of pie crust leaving about 1/4" of dough around the edges uncovered
- Roll out the second layer of your pie crust and lay on top of pie filling. Press lightly to seal the edges.
- Add some water to your egg and beat. With a pastry brush, brush the top pie crust with your egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with some cinnamon sugar.
- With a pastry cutter, cut the pie crust into strips about ½ inches wide. Then cut again into smaller strips. Carefully remove them and put on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and firm.